123\SmartBMS Extended Module is an extension module for 123\SmartBMS. This module adds many functions like four configurable relays, dual CAN bus, multiple types of CAN charger support and isolation detection. A real “Swiss knife” to make any project possible.
- Four signal relays can be configured via software to switch based on useful parameters like cell voltage, cell temperature, SOC, time and more.
- Two CAN bus networks to send BMS information and/or control multiple types of CAN bus chargers.
- Can drive two analog gauges for current and SOC indication.
- Control Elcon/TC Chargers or CH4100/TSM2500 chargers via CAN bus.
- Isolation detection to detect an isolation fault between the high voltage traction battery pack and the auxiliary battery (i.e. 12V battery).
- Adaptive charging control to support charging at charging stations.
Requirements: Microsoft Windows 7 or higher with .NET framework 4.5+.
Connection type: Mini USB.
This depends on what you need. 123SmartBMS is a stand-alone BMS systems and does not require the Extended Module. The Extended Module is primarily designed for vehicles, boats, CAN bus applications or customers in need of a more configurable solution. If you want to configure relays to switch based on via software chosen parameters or need the BMS data on a CAN bus network, the Extended Module is a perfect match.
It is possible to run the Extended Module directly on a battery pack if the pack voltage is below 80V.
There are many criteria which can be used to switch the signal relays. These are subdivided in three categories: hysteresis, booleans and day/time. For example: a relay can switch on when the SOC is below 20% and switch off again when the SOC has reached 70%. This can be useful to turn on generators.
The standby current consumption is below 6mA when both CAN bus networks are switched off.